I like to stand at the door of my classroom and greet my 8th graders with, "Wuz up my nerds?"
They act like they hate it, but I know that deep down they love it... and think I'm AWESOME!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Words that start with O

I spent most of last week at a professional development conference in Atlanta- hence the absence of recent postings- but I'm sad to say that, upon my return, it didn’t take long to get back into the swing of middle school life... especially when I overhear conversations in the hallway like this:

Administrator: “So, do you think you can do that?”

Student: “No.”

Administrator: “No? You don’t think you can do that?”

Student: “No.”

Administrator: “Really? You can't? You can't make sure that in your science class you say ‘organism’ instead of ‘orgasm’?”

Student: “Hee hee hee. No.”

Ah, it’s good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment